Astra has over 16000 sft facility over 2 floors including a state of the art QC facility.
Research and Development is the base upon which a pharmaceutical company stands. The stronger the R&D. the more profitable a company can become. Astra has already invested in a strong Product development and R&D departments and is continuously adding latest technology equipment for testing and QC analysis.
Astra has lab equipment from Shimadzu, Japan which includes a HPLC, FTIR, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer etc. These along with other QC equipment ensure that we maintain a strong quality control facility and ensure top quality products.
Astra plant the following activities are carried out
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing – Processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals to supply to the local market and Export Market.
- Logistics, Warehousing – Storing of raw and packaging materials to meet the requirements of production and also storing and dispatch of finished products as per concept of Good Storage Practice of pharmaceuticals.
- Engineering/Industrial Engineering – In line with pharmaceutical production, health safety and environmental protection, infrastructure maintenance, machinery and other maintenance. Effluent treatment and safe disposal of pharmaceutical waste.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control – Quality Control of pharmaceuticals, raw and packaging materials, reagents and chemicals, plant and personnel hygiene, method and process validation, and overall quality assurance of pharmaceuticals.
- Product Development – Formulation development and adaptation for scale up production with process validation, method validation in collaboration with QA/QC. Stability study and shelf life determination of pharmaceutical products. Reformulation/improvement of existing formulations in line with new/advanced technology.
- Plant HR/Administration – Support different units of the plant for HR related issues, general services, general logistics and administrative issues.
Astra dedicated to serve its valued customers with products of excellent quality through continuous improvement in technology, process and human resources complying with the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
Strengths of Astra
- Modern manufacturing plant complying GMP
- Efficient technologies for large number of Generics.
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment and an experienced research staff.
- Well established distribution system throughout the Bangladesh.
- Internal industry components that are providing value, quality goods and services and overall excellence
- Wide range of product
- Dedicated and motivated human resources